Elimination of break material and wort chilling
Wort handling technology
Whirlpool operations and wort chilling harbor great potential for enhancing wort quality.
Beer losses can be minimized by improving hot break separation, especially with large hop additions. Along with our innovative whirlpool design, we also offer options for enhanced wort solids retention – of course, we also closely monitor water consumption.
Another important approach to optimization is reducing the thermal stress on the wort. With our custom designed wort pre-coolers, the wort can be cooled to a lower temperature before it enters the whirlpool. Pre-cooling significantly reduces the formation of free DMS and also has a positive effect on hop aroma compounds: valuable aromas are not lost through evaporation; at the same time, an undesirable increase in bitterness is avoided.
When it comes to chilling the wort, our focus is on keeping the duration short. Optimum cleanability of the plate heat exchanger is a must. The hygienic design of our systems is of the utmost importance at the interface to the cold side of production. With our brewing equipment designs, we also take an integrative approach to energy and water consumption.
Contact us – we would be happy to assist you!
- planning and installation of wort pre-coolers in existing cast out wort lines
- integration into water and energy systems with a low impact on net energy consumption
- optimizing whirlpool operations
- new construction and replacement of complete whirlpool systems and wort chillers
- innovative whirlpool design – improved hot break separation and reduced vessel occupancy times
Hot break material
- hot break material discharge – optimizing the discharge process while saving water
- hot break material storage tanks and management
- replacement and optimization of wort chillers
- improved wort quality by reducing the time required for chilling
- optimization of thermal energy recovery and storage
- optimized hygienic design features
- wort aeration systems with sterile air and oxygen